Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Introduction

I guess I have a lot of time at night on my hands now that the semester has ended, so I thought to myself, why not write a little blog? The obvious subject will be Alejandro, and the comings and goings of our little family in sunny Fresno California. This will mostly be for my family and friends who are not as close as I would like them to be, as a way to keep in touch when emails and phone calls are not as sufficient as pictures and details. This will also keep me away from the idiot box! I mean, t.v.

Today we went to storytime at Border's which happens every Wednesday at 10a.m. There is a Barnes and Nobles across the street who has a competing storytime, but I find that the woman who reads at Borders to be more entertaining, at least for me, her voice is soothing and Alejandro isn't tempted by the stage set up they have at B&N (though colorful and attractive, it's highly distracting). Border's also hands out snacks afterwards, which Alejandro enjoys, and afterwards we hang out at the "playground" (i.e plastic structures of animals no bigger than 3 ft tall cemented into the ground). We are starting to form a bond with the other women and children who attend who also send there children to the playground afterwards. I still miss Petunia's, which we have been going to since he was 10 months old. Petunia's is a small privately owned bookstore, however due to our lack of car and the impending heat of the summer months I haven't made the journey.
After our morning storytime we returned home for a little nap, then a swim. Alejandro has finally decided to relax and let his butt float to the top of the water so he can kick his feet and swim, instead of vigorously treading water and going no where, slowly. He loves to swim and was brave enough to jump off the diving bored at a relatives relatives this past weekend. Now he won't stop jumping in, and doesn't even count to 3 anymore--he just launches himself in, and can paddle himself to the wall if he wants to. I am very proud of his accomplishments, and today he took his first official breath while swimming towards me. I praised him for it to which he replied, "Don't say that, breath. I don't want to". 

No comments:

Post a Comment